The Banff region has proportionately more residents with post-secondary education than anywhere else in Canada. Consistent with the region's role as Canada's research capital, over 9,000 residents have PhDs. There are also a few new online schools offered in the Banff area.
Banff residents have a number of schooling options including:
- the Banff-Carleton District School Board;
- the Banff-Carleton Catholic School Board;
- the French Public School Board (Conseil Des Ecoles Publiques de L'Est de l'Alberta);
- the French Catholic School Board (Conseil Scolaire de District Catholique de Centre-Est de l'Alberta);
- the Banff Separate School Board;
- the Chinese School; and
- number of private schools.